Sunday, January 2, 2011

And then there are the Gentlemen of Letters like Francisco y Zeta

In them you hear a brother not exactly
like your own, but Similar, is that
not my language too? Yes, said 
the Hermanos de poesîa, Welcome,
sister. Whateva I have, its Yours
if you want it--Consensual
Affections, I'm down with That,
I don't use Force in Seduction.
He's Gay, Lyrical, Dead or Alive:
a Gentleman of Letters is known
by his Conduct and Imagination.
So False is the Scholar who is a
sexual harasser or Rapist.
A Poet works in Truths,
imitated, evoked, or Impossible.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Edith, Beautiful poem that evokes so many feelings; at the end, we all are sisters and brothers sharing this little blue dot in the universe called Earth. Poetry is borderless. Abrazos, Francisco X. Alarcón

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Francisco. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    I love this blue dot especially when it is shared! Gracias y Saludos, E

    ReplyDelete