Sunday, December 30, 2012

Love is a Student Love is a Teacher

It's been a while since I posted due to the school massacre in CN and the holidays.

About the former I will say that what shocks most is the lack of a human scale in our everyday lives.

I am a teacher and know what it means to be forced to place your life in the hands of the opponents or the threats to your students even temporarily.

The difficult and deliberate work of peace drives the meanings of love to restoration and expression, in the minds of my students and in my own.

I made peace with myself by witnessing a movement that spearheaded itself against many of its odds (most of which was made worse by their advocates).

I know what it is to worsen the situation of someone I think I am advocating for.

I know what it is to err with good intentions and later recognize the fallacy.

It isn't easy to say to someone 10-20 years younger, "I stand corrected."

It is even more impotant to tell the same person, "my errors were paid at your expense and your sacrifice was made harder by my own false authority on such things."

Every day life gets harder.

Everyday I get stronger.

What type of mathematics can account for the mistakes, the laws, and the behaviors of love?

Love not education is the great equalizer of society.

But what is love?

There are many things love is pride, love is self-love, love is merciful.

What love can do no law can mandate yet it persecutes.

The inverse of the law is love brought to mercy.

Love is both a noun and a verb.

Love is a teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment